Monday, October 8, 2012

service in the Hartlands


. As a Joshua class we drove about an hour and a half down the hill to a little christian camp to help them clear up there service roads and create new hiking trails. It was our first service trip of the year and I cant believe its already over

Hartland was a really amazing trip. I learned that working hard is actually something I really enjoy, especially when I am working hard to serve Christ and others, I learned that having a good attitude in the midst of a difficult task can make all the difference in the world, and I definitely learned what it means to rely on God for strength when you have none left.

I never imagined I would be cutting down trees and dragging them through the forest, but that is exactly what I did this week. I worked on the shrub team with some incredible people, we all worked well together and wanted to accomplish our common goal together. Most people would not volunteer to be in the woods cutting down trees and taking them to a burn pile for eight hours a day, but we all did and we found so much joy in it. I gained so much respect and was so encouraged by the people in this Joshua class, I have the privilege to know some of the hardest working, encouraging people I have ever met in my life. My Joshua brothers and sisters are the reason I was able to find so much joy this week and was able focus on the reason why we were at Hartland-for the glory of God.

The most difficult thing I faced this week came on our last day at Hartland, being told we had to work two extra hours, should not have effected us so much, we were able to maintain a good attitude but we were so physically exhausted from working and giving every ounce of strength we had left to get off at three o’clock. We all learned how to rely on God for physical strength because our bodies were giving out on us fast, but God was faithful and we could not have expected anything less.

I loved getting to know my class more this week, we had great bonding time while we worked and I am so blessed to be exactly where God wants me. I am beginning to see how the people in Joshua become a family. We are going through experiences together that we will not have with others; we are starting to form that unique bond of community in a way that only Joshua can bring. This week made me so excited for the rest of the year, and the rest of our trips.

Even though Hartland was physically exhausting, it was my favorite part of Joshua so far, I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve Hartland Christian Camps.
                                                      
                                             Enjoying some orange slices with Lauryn and Brandon

                                             Hartland was gorgeous and had beautiful sunsets.
                                           
                                                Used a chainsaw and cut down a tree

                                                      Lady bug colonies were everywhere.
                                                    If I never see a lady bug again it will be too soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment