Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Halfway Point



October 13-20, 2012
Week six has flown by, it is hard to believe that this first part of Joshua is almost over and Thanksgiving break is approaching so quickly. Not much happened this week, it was filled with a lot of homework and free time, which I definitely cannot complain about that.

The weather has been beautiful, sunny but a little bit chilly, the lake is seriously gorgeous, all the trees are starting to turn beautiful fall colors. Everyday I am up here I love living in the mountains more and more.

On Monday, I spent all day working on my Elements of Bible Study paper, which I thought would stress me out but I ended up having a lot of fun with it and learned so much. I am starting to see the Bible in a new way, I am really starting to understand what Sam Meier meant when he told us “know what you see, not see what you know.” It is so amazing how much the Bible has to hold if you are willingly to open your eyes and just see what is there.

I made a trip down to main camp on Tuesday with Shannon, Kelsey and Kelly; we had a lot of fun going to the walking around and taking pictures. I have really enjoyed getting to know the girls here and forming friendships that I know will last for a lifetime.

Thursday was probably my favorite day this week; we had our first theme night. it was 80’s skate night, we all looked ridiculous in our 80’s outfits, we spent the night doing all kinds of crazy things then ended it by going to the Ark to roller skate. It was so much fun and I can’t wait for our next theme night.

I worked the in the Ponderosa dish room this weekend, which was so much fun, extremely hard and chaotic, but still very fun, I like the fast pace of the kitchen and how I was constantly working. I'm really hoping I get some more kitchen jobs this year.



Me and my roommate, Lexi
 Pause siblings
 Pause Brother, Jonah
 Shannon, Me and Kelsey




No comments:

Post a Comment