Saturday, November 10, 2012

Winter is upon us



Week nine has come and gone, its hard to believe that tomorrow I will be leaving the hill for two weeks, these last five weeks in the building have really flown by.

Monday was our dreaded Philippians test; people were up late into the night Sunday studying chapter one. Of all the advice I was given about Joshua, “start Philippians right away” was what I took extremely serious! By the time Sunday night came I knew chapter one like the back of my hand, and was able to pass it my first time, error free. Needless to say I am so thankful I took that advice and I will definitely be giving it in the future.

After all the stress of Philippians, Jenna, our RD, took some of the girls on a hike to the water source, once we got there a handful of girls climbed to the top and we were able to see an a amazing view of most of Hume. It was a special moment to just take in that sight and be thankful that God brought us all to a beautiful place to spend time with each other.

Christmas spirit is definitely alive in the building, wednesday afternoon we were able to decorate the building for Christmas, its not complete but it will be finished after we get back form thanksgiving break, we were even able to listen to a little bit of Christmas music.

The rest of the week went well, my SWEEPs were changed to adult ministries with Jason Knott which is pretty fun, this week, everyone was scrambling to put everything away before the it started snowing Thursday night. Most of my SWEEP was spent climbing all over ponderosa deck taking down all of the lights.

Pause Night was on Thursday and that was so much fun, our Pause Dad’s weren’t there so it was just us with our two incredible pause mom’s, Jen and Aubri, with the kiddo’s. It was Italian night so we had pasta, Salad and Italian sodas. It was fun to spend a few hours with everyone. I must say having two pause families is definitely a blessing J

It finally happened…we have snow everywhere; it has been snowing since Thursday night, its pretty but I will be thankful to be in San Diego tomorrow.

I’ll be spending the rest of my Saturday packing for our Mexico trip and resting up for these next two weeks.

My Next update will come from the comfort of my own house down in Hemet, I can’t wait for Thanksgiving break.

                                                 My adorable Pause sister, Tanner :)
                                Jett, the smallest of the foster Johnson pause family is also the biggest helper
                              The view I woke up to Friday morning [Outside my bedroom window]
                                         The view from this morning [outside the great room]




No comments:

Post a Comment