Its been a while since I’ve been able to update you all on
what is going on here at the Joshua building, so I’ll give you a quick 2 week
catch up!
Week 7 [October 21-27]
Our speaker was Mark Strauss, a New Testament Professor at
Bethel Seminary, he spoke about four passions that Christians should have, , a
passion for the Bible, for Prayer, for the lost and for discipleship. He just
really reminded me that those should not only be our passion but also our
priorities.
The rest of week 7 was filled with papers, readings and
memorizing the rest of Philippians one.
Thursday was Pause Night, which was much more crazy than
before, we had a photo scavenger hunt around Hume, we were competing against
another pause family. We had a blast just being crazy and doing some ridiculous
stuff with our family, like climbing trees, barging into Rich Baker’s house to
sing him a love song, and even watching our pause dad, John, and our
brother, Eric, jump into the pond.
I had the weekend off so I was finally able to take a tip
down to Fresno with my dear friends, Shannon, Alyssa, Lauryn and Trevor. It was
a fun day for the girls as we shopped and relaxed in Barnes & Nobles until
we wanted every book in the store, while poor Trevor was sitting in Kaiser
getting an MRI for a knee injury [we later found out that it was nothing too
serious and he is on the road to being limp free]
We also were able to enjoy the perks of living at a conference center, there was a girl’s only retreat that weekend so me and some of the girls were able to enjoy some incredible worship by Reveal.
Bottom: On our way back up the hill
Week 8 [October 28-November 3]
This week was nice because our schedule changed just enough
that the monotonous routine was mostly non-existent.
Our speaker, Robb Williams, had to leave early so our sessions
were moved to Monday night, Tuesday morning and Tuesday evening, so with that
happening our classes got moved around a bit as well. My SWEEPs were also
changed to Thursday morning rather than the afternoon, they needed some help in
the preschool so I was able to spend the morning with the little Hume Lake
kids, which was a blast and I’m glad I was able to help out.
We had our 2nd theme dinner, in honor of
Halloween we had a, Harry Potter night, which was so much fun, every one did a
fantastic job dressing up and we ended the night by playing Quidditch in the
Ark.
I worked High Adventure during the weekend, it was the
Father-Daughter retreat so it was so awesome to watch Dad’s bond with their
daughters doing something that was pretty scary and being able to see trust
being formed in their relationship. I was also able to run the Zip Line and
meet some really awesome Father-Daughter Duos and even some Hume Lake donors
that were here on a retreat.
Marina & I dressed up as Owls
Me and the two Floof powders :)
All the Harrys and their owls
That’s my two week update for you all :) enjoy
No comments:
Post a Comment